SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Honolulu)
This position is assigned specific tasks on project teams and is expected to use their education, intelligence and experience to resolve the engineering problems and tasks they are assigned.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design such as gravity design, lateral analysis, and connection design.
- Layout structural system based on schematic layout by Senior Level Engineer.
- Understands and can assemble a set of structural drawings.
- Assist in preparation of drawings for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Research design options and document findings for Senior Level Engineer.
- Provide information to Senior Level Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
- Review shop drawings.
- Research code issues and ask general questions of code officials
- Organize and maintain project files. Maintain neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Keep Senior Level Engineer informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years previous design experience.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Civil/Structural from an accredited university. Masters of Engineering Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- Expertise in computer operations for engineering design programs.
- Understanding of applicable design codes.
- Continues learning process by attending in-house seminars and continuing education opportunities outside of office.
- Completion of the Engineering-in Training exam is required.