We believe that the key to creating a truly great organization is an intense focus on the values that guide its people's actions:
- We respect the individual and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We love to compete and believe that competition brings out the best in us.
- We make commitments with care and live up to them. We do what we say we are going to do.
- We are believers in the Golden Rule. In all our dealings we will strive to be friendly and courteous, as well as fair and compassionate.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our clients. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer-driven.
Here are just a few ways BASE gives back to our community:
- BASE formed the local chapter of the ACE Mentor Program to expose high school students to the industry
- Adult Friends for Youth working with at-risk teenagers
- Disaster response and assessment
- Pro bono design work for charities and community organizations
- Donations to non-profit organizations such as Make-A-Wish Foundation, UNICEF, March of Dimes, The WCIT Foundation, and the American Red Cross.
We are proud to have employees who are not only enthusiastic about their work but who are also making a difference by volunteering in community organizations and professional associations. We have employees who serve on the board of directors for the Structural Engineering Association of Hawaii and others have volunteered for Teach for America®, the American Cancer Society®, and Engineers Without Borders. We have also dispatched our staff to provide assistance in the aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake, 2009 Samoa earthquake and tsunami, and the 2006 Kiholo earthquake on the Island of Hawaii.
- Race to Wrigley 2015 BASE Chicago ran 5K to support Cubs Charities
- Dragon Boat Race 2014 Teamwork!
- Ala Wai Challenge A fundraiser for the Waikiki Community Center.
- ACE Mentor Program Steve Baldridge (right) with a team from ACE Mentor Program of Hawaii who were national finalists in 2006
- Triathlon The XTERRA Freedom Fest Triathlon relay
- Makahiki Challenge Filthy good fun at the Makahiki Challenge
- Haiti Earthquake Conducting disaster reconnaissance in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake
- University of Hawaii vs. University of Wisconsin football game
- Christmas Our annual white elephant gift exchange at Christmas
- Haiti Taking a break from disaster response work with children in Haiti
- Hooping it up after work
- Triathlon The XTERRA Mountain Man Triathlon relay
- BASE Night at the Movies
- Turtle Head Award Our Turtle Head Award is given to the “most deserving employee at the time”
Our dedicated employees work hard so to thank them and their families we invite everyone to outings such as BASE Night at the Movies, college sports games, and company parties. We also encourage the health and wellness of our employees and their families through sponsoring them in activities such as charity runs, obstacle course races, and other fitness events. Being passionate about engineering does not mean being stuffy and boring. An occasional practical joke or competitive game of ping pong helps us unwind during our work day.